Dr. Sébastien Carrere
Specialist doctor in cancer control centers since April 2015. lCM Val d’Aurelle, Montpellier (France).
Main fields of activity in oncological surgery:
- Soft tissue sarcoma and complex tumors surgery.
- Peritoneal carcinomatosis surgery.
- Digestive surgery.
- Robotic surgery.
- Gynaecological surgery.
- 2018: DU Sarcomas and mesenchymal tumors.
- 2013: DESC of digestive surgery, université Montpellier 1
- 2012: Oncology DESC, Université Montpellier 1
- 2011: DES of general surgery, Université Montpellier 1
- Doctoral thesis: curative resection of hepatic metastases of initially unresectable colorectal cancers, after chemotherapy with Folfirinoxe general surgery
- 2009 : Colo-proctologic surgery DIU, université de Marseille
- 2008 : Visceral trauma DIU, Université Montpellier 1
- Assitant: May 2011 – March 2015. Assistant Specialist of the Centers for the Fight against Cancer, Service of Oncological Surgery (Pr Rouanet, Pr Saint-Aubert, Dr Quénet), Montpellier.
- Member of GSF-GETO since 2014.
- Member of the Board of Directors of GSF-GETO since 2017
- Responsible for the RCP sarcomas and mesenchymal tumors of Montpellier
- Organization of the congress of GSF-GETO Montpellier 2018
- Participation in the preparation of recommendations at INCA 2019
Translational research activities in the IRCM.
- Member of the molecular oncogenesis team (Laurent Lecam) INSERM: U1194
- Co-coordinator of a clinical-biological database of sarcomas and mesenchymal tumors.
- Participation in the MUSE project (Montpellier Université d’excellence) 2017
- Co holder of the patent EP17306681.2: Methods for the diagnosis and treatment of liposarcoma (November 2017)
Administrative activities within the institution:
- Member of the Board of the Medical Establishments Commission (vice president)
- Member of CLIN, committee for the control of nosocomial infections
- Member of the Users Committee
Experience in clinical research
- Researchers in phase II and III trials since 2012.
- Regular training in Good Clinical Practices (PCG).
- Activities of lectures, teaching and publications since 2011
- Member of the RENAPE group (rare tumors of the peritoneum)
- Several times jury of the medical contest of the CLCC